Each year Council may determine that an appropriation of funds shall be set aside in each Budget for the purpose of meeting emergent requests for financial assistance from community groups, individuals and/or organisations for projects, programs or activities that benefit the Town of Walkerville community.
Who can apply for a grant?
- Not for profit community groups and organisations operating in the Town of Walkerville.
- Ratepayers and Residents of the Town of Walkerville.
What does the program support?
The Community Fund Program is primarily intended for;
- Projects, programs or activities that benefit the Town of Walkerville community;
- Capital purchases in support of a community project, program or activity;
- Purchases that are clearly one off i.e. memorial plaque; Grants for individuals to participate in sporting, musical, artistic or other competitions in any 12 month period and are limited to competitions at a State, National or International level where the applicant is a resident or ratepayer of Walkerville and is required to travel interstate or overseas to participate.
Which application form should I complete?
Council provides funding to both individuals and organisations.
Individuals (all ages) can apply for;
- A grant to participate in sporting, musical, artistic or other competitions/activities/programs at a State, National or International level where the applicant is required to travel to participate and is a resident or ratepayer of the Town of Walkerville
Not for profit Community Groups, organisations and individuals can apply for funding to support:
- Projects programs or activities that benefit the Town of Walkerville Community
- Capital purchases in support of a community project, program or activity
Grants are not available for organisational operating costs e.g. newsletters or for purchase, replacement or new materials that are already covered in Councils Assets and Infrastructure program e.g. park benches.
2016/2017 Open Funding Rounds
Round 1 8 – 26 August 2016
Round 2 7 – 25 November 2016
How do I apply?
Refer to Council’s open funding rounds. Applications will only be received during open rounds.
For further information, please contact 8342 7100 or email CFund@walkerville.sa.gov.au